FORKLIFT SERVICE - OUTLINE SERVICE CONSISTS OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Replace air filter inner and outer,
- Drain and refill engine oil,
- Replace oil filter,
- Replace transmission filter,
- Replace diesel filter,
- Fill up transmission, hydraulic oil and radiator water/anti freeze,
- Sundries (Chain lubricant spray, cleaning material etc.),
- Labour including check list completed
ADVANTAGES TO SERVICES:
- Extend the life span differential, transmission and engine,
- Prevent breakdowns,
- Making sure equipment is always working throughout the year,
- Once a month maintained will make sure staff is not exerted.
- Cut down on expenses or cut down on unnecessary break downs.
- Manage units to motivate new units bought/rent if necessary,
- Reporting misuse, abuse, damage by staff/trucks to RAMs.
DISADVANTAGES AND RISKS FOR NOT SERVICING JACKS:
- No life span can be allocated for pallet jacks,
- Wheels which bearings are not replaced regular will not secure wheels which will be damaged,
- Breakdowns can occur any time (Overtime/Weekend rates must then be taken account),
- Cost to replacing parts due to no service will increase,
- Risk for peak /busy season equipment not operating will increase if jacks are not serviced and maintain on regular basis.